[H-GEN] Apt error

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Sep 14 21:46:28 EDT 2005

HI,

This has actually happened for my router which still runs Debina.

I plan to move my servers/routers from Debian to CRUX later this year
however.

I would presume it's safe to do this, but it is a warning in any case.

I suggest you do it manually in case it stuffs up :)

cheers
James

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:11:57AM +1000, De Crow wrote:

> Recently I tryed to "apt-get update", "apt-get upgrade" my proxy server at
> work and this error came up:
> E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential
> package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often bad,
> but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
> E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs
>
> now this is the first time I've ever had much of an error from apt, normally
> everything works smoothly, I'm running Debian testing on this box.
>
> Crowy
> (aka Anthony)

-"Problems are Solved by Method"
-