[H-GEN] Software Freedom Day (new thread)

Ted Percival ted at midg3t.net
Fri Sep 9 08:37:52 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 09:48:54AM +1000, Greg Black wrote:
> I must say that I am very uncomfortable whenever I see OO
> evangelism.  Yes, it's useful for those situations when somebody
> clueless sends you a Word document.  But as for being useful in
> its own right, no way.

Sounds like you've only used OpenOffice.org 1. OOo 2 has some great
improvements, I know it's considered beta software, but I think the
advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of being beta software. I use
it for everything at work and at home. Granted I don't spend a lot of
time using office suites, but I find it a perfect for my needs.

--
Ted Percival