[H-GEN] Software Freedom Day (new thread)

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Mon Sep 5 08:53:07 EDT 2005

On 05/09/2005, at 9:35 PM, Russell Stuart wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ]
> [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
> vanish. ]
>
> On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 17:13, Russell Stuart wrote:
>
>> One this I can do is update the Wiki with a lists various
>> things said on this list - offers made, suggestions, and so
>> on.  If no one else steps forward I will try to do that
>> tonight.
>>

> I have done this - you can find the list here:
> http://maitri.ubuntu.com/softwarefreedomday/wiki/index.php/Brisbane-
> Summary
>
> After going through this list for the last hour, two things
> stand out:
>
> 1.  We have more then enough help _already pledged_ to make this
>     work.
>
> 2.  The only show stopper is the Venue.  The only problem with the
> Venue
>     is we don't have one.  I will phone the Sunday Computer Market
>     tomorrow to see what is possible.  I will also phone the other
>     suggestion, the Brunswick St markets, and see what is possible
>     there.  There are also markets at the Sleeman Centre on Sundays,
>     6AM..1PM.  I did have a stand there recently - $30 including
>     table from memory. I am happy to pay this amount myself.  If
>     people think this is a good idea, we can setup go there.
>
>     Anyway, if you have suggestions of can help out with the Venue,
>     post them *NOW*.
>
> Once we have the venue sorted out, the mad dash for posters,
> handouts, and CD's, laptops and so on can commence.

thanks to Janet and Kim Hawtin there is good artwork for flyers and
posters, so once we have details on the stand I will make sure there
are posters for it and flyers as well. I'd like to do also do some
flyers to advertise HUMBUG, does anyone have artwork for the logo
that we use, that way I good do some posters for HUMBUG as well. I
was just going to lift info from the HUMBUG website.