[H-GEN] using one monitor with 2 pc's

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Sun Oct 30 22:07:20 EST 2005

On 10/31/05, Troy Piggins <troy at piggo.com> wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
>
> No worries - it's only the video switch I'm after, although keyboard
> would be handy too. Don't use mouse on them, it's all console.

Alternative solution #236

Is it access to the REAL console that you need or just a shell session?
Assuming you want the real console another option that springs to mind is to
use a serial connection between the 2 machines and run one with a serial
console that you access from the other, that way only one ever needs the
keyboard and monitor connected to it and all you need is a simple serial
cable.

Cheers,
Michael