[H-GEN] Resizing an unwilling window in metacity

Benjamin Carlyle benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 22 00:25:59 EDT 2005

G'day,

I'm still using Quicken to manage my finances. I'm running it under
wine, but after a recent upgrade the "split" window is no longer
appearing with the correct size. It's too small to use. It appears some
hint is being given to metacity that resizing should not be allowed.
None of the corners can be used to resize. Double-clicking on the
decoration does not perform a maximise, and the window menu items
associated with resize are greyed out.

Does anyone know off-hand how to suggest to metacity that a resize
should be allowed, or that a resize be immediately performed? It seems a
trifle issue that I'm currently having to take the extreme step of
booting to windows to work around. So far my googling hasn't shown any
useful hints.

Here's some (abbreviated) output from xwininfo:
xwininfo: Window id: 0x2600041 "Split Transaction Window"

  Root window id: 0x47 (the root window) (has no name)
  Parent window id: 0xc044d5 (has no name)
     0 children.

  Absolute upper-left X:  315
  Absolute upper-left Y:  214
  Relative upper-left X:  6
  Relative upper-left Y:  23
  Width: 94
  Height: 75
  Depth: 24
  Class: InputOutput
  Corners:  +315+214  -615+214  -615-479  +315-479
  -geometry 94x75+315+214

  Window manager hints:
      Client accepts input or input focus: Yes
      Icon window id: 0x2600042 (has no name)
      Initial state is Normal State

  Normal window size hints:
      Program supplied location: 247, 142
      Program supplied minimum size: 94 by 75
      Program supplied maximum size: 94 by 75
      Program supplied window gravity: StaticGravity

--
Benjamin Carlyle <benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au>