[H-GEN] People's thoughts on Greylisting

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri Nov 25 19:38:16 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 04:03:57PM +0100, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> Have people used it or encountered it?  What are your thoughts on the
> method or implementations that you have seen ?

http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/000081.html
(Don't know if telstra is still playing up)

It dropped, for a 125 domain MX server, from spam-zombies to about
zero. Same with viruses. The only spam which comes through is from
real MX servers.

Due to the aggresive repetative nature of viruses in the last couple
of days we have got a lot of trouble with them on tuesday and
wednesday, but setting up our of RBL (well, VBL or virus-black-list)
with some seven odd IP addresses in it resolved that.

In general, we're very happy with it. And like somebody else said,
the less people implement it, the more effect it will have for us
in the long term.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org