[H-GEN] Bogon Filtering

Bradley Marshall brad at humbug.org.au
Sun Nov 20 04:14:07 EST 2005

Hi all,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 10:34:21AM +0100, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> Your request would go much further if directed to:
>
> 	a) Contact details for any AS you find to be blocking you.
> 	b) Major lists such as apops, eof, nanog, sanog, afnog etc
> 	   ( humbug-general is, unfortunately, not such a list )

This is certainly true, but pointing out that updating bogon
filters is a good idea isn't - I believe - outside the scope
of HUMBUG's mailing lists.

> Since I know that no-one except IANA and APNIC have the authority to be
> making requests on behalf of the whole 125.0.0.0/8 range, and I couldn't
> be bothered to find out which IP range you are referring to, I'd be
> inclined to ignore this request.

Taking this email as a prompt to update bogon filters,
I'd certainly look into it more if I had such a filter
in place.  A useful URL for reading up on bogons is
http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/, and a list of updated IP
ranges is at http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-list.html.
The 125/8 range appears to have be taken off the bogon list
earlier this year.

Thanks,
Brad
--