[H-GEN] Linux (or Solaris) on a sparcstation 5.

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:59:33 EDT 2005

Hiya,

I've recently come into possession of a pair of Sparcstation 5's. I've
only got a few cables, and I don't have a monitor or a keyboard.

I'm wondering if anyone has a pointer on how to install linux (heck,
solaris, I've got legit copies, they came with the boxes) on these
things? I'm guessing I need to hook up a serial console to it...

I do have a pair of cables that go from what seems to be the keyboard
connector to a DB-25, I've got a monitor cable that goes from the sun
monitor port to a sun monitor port, and one or two SCSI cables (no
external scsi devices, they were nabbed by someone with first dibs on
this cache of ancient gear).

I hope to lug these along to the next humbug meeting, along with the
G5 that IBM gave me for winning the hackfest down at LCA05.
--
Stephen Thorne
Development Engineer