[H-GEN] Stopping spam

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Thu Mar 31 03:36:35 EST 2005

On 2005-03-31, Russell Stuart wrote:

> 5 external senders have complained in the past 6 months.
> So far they have either been using Outlook (not OE) or
> gone through a qmail server, or both.  Outlook does
> normally add Message-ID's, and I can't believe qmail
> deletes them, so there is some other trigger involved.

Any normal qmail installation adds message-id headers on mail
injection unless the message already has one; it won't remove
them.

This message will carry a qmail-generated message-id, albeit not
the standard one because I have modified the form of the field
contents (not the circumstances where it is added).

Greg