[H-GEN] Email migration

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Tue Mar 29 17:34:43 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Nikolai Lusan wrote:

> calendar sharing etc.). Secondly I thought I would ask what peoples
> thoughts are on the migration proccess (ATM I have no idea as to how I
> am going to go about getting the mail into the right format for the
> server without running it through procmail again). Lastly i thought I

A portable option (that you may be alluding to) is to pump the mail
through procmail/formail (thus introducing it to the mail system again)
and then have it dropped back into the right format as any new mail would
be.

This has the advantage that no special conversion tools are needed.  A
little fiddling may need to be done (such as setting up an SMTP server
that will shutn mail items to the right place).  I've never done this as
I've always used mbox format but I know it has worked for others.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.