[H-GEN] Tender for supply of equipment/software/services

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Mon Mar 28 23:43:54 EST 2005

I have been involved in the past in the setup and maintenance of a web
site for a Queensland non-profit organisation.  This was done as a
personal favour for a friend and there was no payment involved.  They
have recently appointed a new coordinator and he has asked for a tender
for upgrading the office equipment, software and services as well as
what will amount to a total rewrite of the web site.

The scope of this upgrade puts it outside what I am prepared to do as I
have a full time job and it will require support.

The work involves
  - replacement of some computing equipment
  - provision of an A3 MFD
  - provision of network equipment
  - provision of an office server and backup equipment
  - provision of software for the server including email system etc.
  - upgrade (total rewrite really) of the web site including an online
    shop (currently has one but it's quite static and very out dated but
    only has about 10 items for sale)

The current equipment is mostly PCs running windows 98 however a couple
of the staff use Macs laptops.  There is no restrictions being placed on the new
equipment in terms of hardware vendor or OS.

There is a more detailed spec available that I can send to anyone that
is genuinely interested.

Cheers,
Michael