[H-GEN] Sparc Ultra 10 For Sale

Ben Fowler bjf at bjf.id.au
Fri Mar 25 21:09:07 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm getting rid of all my computer stuff, so I have a few items to
sell.  Particularly, I'd like to find a good new home for my Sun Sparc
Ultra 10.

These boxes are very reliable.  Our research group has had one of these
running as our web server, and running various other services for years
between powerdowns without problems.  If you want to play with Solaris
10 too (e.g. dtrace, Java Desktop, etc etc), on a 64-bit big endian
machine, then something like this Sparc Ulta would be ideal.

Specs:

- Machine has a 333MHz UltraSparc II processor
- 256 megs of RAM
- 80 gigabyte IDE hard drive
- CDROM, floppy.
- Built in 8-bit framebuffer (VGA connector), and accelerated addon
Creator3D framebuffer (13W3 connector).
- Good Sun Type 5 keyboard and mouse.
- Video capture card (not tested)

The machine has a clean install of Solaris 10, although I can supply my
install media to the new owner.

The machine does not come with a monitor. A Sun monitor works nicely
with the Creator3D, or you can use a VGA monitor with the internal
framebuffer or use the 13W3-VGA adaptor.

Asking price for the lot - $450 o.n.o.

I have the machine at UQ, however, due to family committments, I'm
unable to come to HUMBUG today to show the thing off.  If, however,
anybody's interested, please drop me an email and we'll arrange something.

-regards,

Ben.

--
  Ben Fowler   email: <bjf at bjf.id.au>  pgp/gpg key id: FFDE6AF7