[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] Virus spam warning

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Mar 21 17:27:29 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 02:39, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:
> I have been getting copies of this virus for weeks now.  Why the late
> warning?  In fact, why bother warning at all?  Which virus is contained
> within the attachment?  Which systems are affected?  This warning
> strikes me as being of very questionable utility.

Probably because he sees it as part of his job as secretary of
Humbug.  If someone or something is sending emails falsely
claiming to be from Humbug, then a warning from the secretary
doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Besides, he is a volunteer who is taking his job seriously.
Even if sending the warning wasn't the right thing to do, it
is nice to see someone making the effort.