[H-GEN] software runs the world

Sandra Mansell fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 19 17:30:23 EST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 09:41:15PM +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> I did think about how I could re-write the reply to address
> with my existing sendmail / Red Hat setup, but I could not
> think of way that only required the tiny amount of work
> you say it does.  Of course its is entirely possible you

I have it set in mine to do it automatically when I send mail to this
list, and it didn't take much. A bit of googling, some reading of the
documentation and a quick mail here when things went a bit pear-shaped.
I'm using mutt and having mutt automatically write the reply-to header
only when I send mail to this list.

> As for leaving it to list members to do the right thing, if
> I want them to reply to the list, it seems polite to make
> it easy for them to do so.  Besides, I happen to regard the

As I have this list setup as a list in my mutt settings, it was quite
easy for me to reply to this list regardless of what reply-to header is
set. I just press L and it sets my to: field to the list. Easy. Of
course it's not so easy in a lot of mail clients which is why I switched
to mutt in the first place.

Sandra.
--
http://www.users.on.net/ickus/
"Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head."