[H-GEN] Sun Sparc 10 to good home

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Mon Mar 14 12:33:03 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Glenn Kentwell wrote:

> I have a Sun Sparcserver 10 that I don't want.

If I was still in BNE I'd grab it.  Great for someone who wants to play
with *nix on non-IA32 hardware.  This box will run Solaris (but maybe not
the latest versions), Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD (IIRC) and others OSes.  It
is easy to install any OS through the serial console.

I have a similar box I used to develop a moderately large web dev project
earlier this year so they are still useful :)

> I've had it for a while but haven't found a use for it, but as far as I know

Any idea how much RAM, or if it has 1 or 2 CPUs?

Mine has a single 50MHz cpu and 128MB RAM.  Apart from ssh taking a while
to connect (using RSA) I don't notice the speed at all.

> It also has an external SCSI cdrom drive with it, and the cable.

This alone is useful.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.