[H-GEN] Apache httpd.conf

David Harrison trogspam at games.telstra.com
Thu Jul 7 00:48:17 EDT 2005

To the best of my knowledge Apache 1.3.x won't let users download files
of > ~2.1GB - they'll just get a 'forbidden' error. At a guess I'd say
that it won't list files that it can't send.

You can recompile Apache v1.3.x
with -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and it will let you
serve the files, but the Content-Length will be unknown (at least it was
the last version of 1.3.x I tried - not sure if this has been fixed in
recent versions).

If you're using Apache v2.x I'm pretty sure as of the latest version is
properly supports files of > ~2.1GB, as long as you compile with the
above directives (for some reason my notes say with Apache v2 you need
to export them as environment variables before starting the compile -
eg,
export CPPFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

-- david