[H-GEN] OpenSolaris!

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sun Jan 30 03:05:25 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 15:03 +1000, Benjamin Carlyle wrote:
> so that
> restrictions could be included in a license so long as they don't break
> the spirit of what it means to be open source.

I was working in a Government department when a new contract was signed.
What one party meant by the spirit was different to the other party's.

The section I was working in blew three months budget in the first
monthly bill, the contractor was entitled to their money because the
"spirit" was not defined.

In contracts and licences, if it is not written down, it does not exist.

--
Regards,
Harry