[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

Gary Curtis gazilla at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:18:19 EST 2005

Thank you Mark for directing my attantion to Clause 23.11.  At the very end
of that clause there is mention of the "EFT Code" [1].   Clause 5 of that
Code deals with "Liability for unauthorised transactions", and make for an
interesting read. (warning: its a 45 page PDF).

Of particular interest is Clause 5.2(b) which is copied [almost] verbatim
into Suncorp's Terms as Clause 23.9(b). ...

"The account holder has no liability for losses relating to any component
of an access method that are forged, faulty, exired, or cancelled;"

Surely phishing is a form of forgery. Now all we have to do is prove that
Suncorp use Windows somewhere in the delivery of their IB product and
that covers "faulty".

Gaz

[1] http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/pdflib.nsf/LookupByFileName/eft_code.pdf/$file/eft_code.pdf

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:03:38 +1000, Mark Suter