[H-GEN] I have a bad Postfix setup (appently)

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Mon Jan 24 04:02:03 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 17:23 +1000, Greg Black wrote:
> While I'm at it, both Harry and Barry have a different piece of
> bad setup -- they both generate ridiculous Message-Id headers.
> I've left them at the top of the quoted material from my message
> above.
>
> If you look at the Message-Id on this message, you'll see the
> kind of thing that you would expect to see.

I have the default (almost) install of Postfix that is supplied on
Ubuntu (which is based on Debian). How do you suggest I go about
"fixing" the "problem"?

Is it just me or could our time be better spent than on an issue of
"ridiculous" Message-id's that most mail readers hide anyway? Even if
the mail reader didn't hide the header stuff I could imagine most people
using them would not take much notice of it anyway and get to the "guts"
of the message as a habit.

Greg's message-id: nospam-1106550957.31014 at gecko.gbch.net = 38
characters
My message-id: 1106550496.4465.30.camel at localhost.localdomain = 46
characters

Oh my god Greg you are right, my message-id is an extra 8 characters, I
am truly sorry to you and all the people that had to go out and buy more
storage space because of my "bad setup".</sarcasm>

Don't you have *anything* better to do?

--
Regards,
Harry