[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 00:41:34 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:24:32 +1000, Harry Phillips <harry at tux.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 14:11 +1000, Christopher Biggs wrote:
> > Having spoken to the Suncorp customer service line (aargh!  that
> > hideous voice-rec navigation system!) today, I've confirmed that this
> > is not an oversight, but aparrently a conscious decision to tell Mac
> > and Unix users to take a running jump.
>
> It's not just Mac and *nix users, about 20% of internet users use
> Firefox.
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. That figure is gained from visitors
to the w3schools.com page. A page devoted to teaching CSS, HTML,
Javascript etc. The figures will be skewed, as the sample population
is web developers, not the internet-at-large.

The only source of statistics I'd respect for demonstrating overall
browser market share is google, and they haven't published that
information in their zeitgeist since the month before their IPO.

Regards,
Stephen Thorne.