[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

Andrae Muys andrae at tucanatech.com
Mon Jan 24 00:34:40 EST 2005

Christian Bullow wrote:

> | Has anyone considered contacting the banking Ombudsman?  I've had
> | dealings with them a few times and found them to be very helpful.
> | I've also found the banks get a bit scared when you mention them.
>
> Suncorp will probably say internet banking is a service which they
> don't really need to offer, they choose to offer it for their
> customers. Its not like they're withholding all banking if you use
> anything other then MS, you will just have to go into a branch is all.

I would suggest that a far better approach would be to suggest that the
including IE5.5 in that list is in direct violation of best-practice
standards within the security industry (citation to the appropriate CERT
advisory someone?), and to require users to voilate basic security
principles or surrender their right to claim against the bank for
security failures is a fragrant abuse of the banks position of power in
the relationship.

Or something along those lines.

Andrae Muys