[H-GEN] static IP in debian testing

Kim Hawtin khawtin at ratbaggames.com
Wed Aug 31 22:08:17 EDT 2005

Mick wrote:

> I'm trying to set my debian testing to use static IP and can't make sense of
> the startup scripts to add
> route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
>
> can anyone tell me in which file to add this line, everything I've tried so
> far fails

have you had a look in /etc/network/interfaces ?

from the man page;

              auto lo eth0
              allow-hotplug eth1

              iface lo inet loopback

              mapping eth0
                   script /usr/local/sbin/map-scheme
                   map HOME eth0-home
                   map WORK eth0-work

              iface eth0-home inet static
                   address 192.168.1.1
                   netmask 255.255.255.0
                   up flush-mail

              iface eth0-work inet dhcp

              iface eth1 inet dhcp

regards,

Kim

--
Kim Hawtin : IT Systems Administrator
Ratbag : Level 1 - 176 Pulteney Street Adelaide SA 5000 Australia

This email is confidential for the addressee only and
is subject to copyright where applicable.