[H-GEN] Re: cp incantation

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Wed Apr 20 21:02:43 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Doug South wrote:

> mc did preserve, so it is done correctly, but I feel dirty doing it
> this way. What is the "right" way to do this with cp?

Personally I always use tar or an incarnation of dump to do this sort of
thing.

I used to have a page up showing how to do this cleanly with tar without
the data hitting disk as a tar file.  I'll put it up again soon.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.