[H-GEN] converting from speex to ogg vorbis

Matthew Sellers msellers at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 8 02:12:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:43:06 +1000
Clinton Roy <clinton.roy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to convert copies of the OLS talks into ogg vorbis files so
> I can listen to them on my iriver.
>
> If I use:
>
> speexdec foo.spx foo.wav
> oggenc foo.wav
>
> the produced wave and ogg file sounds like a chipmunk reunion when
> played with ogg123 and on my iriver, however the wave and ogg file
> sound just fine when played with sox.
>
> any hints?

What sample rates are the various files?

You could try to tell speexdec to export in wideband,
or use a specified sample rate, perhaps 22050 Hz

Maybe you could try changing the wav files to more standard sample/bit rates
using sox after they have been decoded.

There is probably a bug somewhere here.
sox is probably not representative as a player either. It is too sophisticated.

cheers

--
Matthew Sellers