[H-GEN] Urgent! Help needed

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sun Oct 31 23:16:49 EST 2004

Hi:

I apologise in advance for posting another plea for help to the HUMBUG
lists.

I've just come back from a weekend up the coast which involved taking my
desktop PC up to stream a convention I'm involved with.  Tonight we need to
edit up a radio programme we started recording last week and which needs to
be aired tomorrow morning, and then I have to start preparing 2 hours of
highlights of the same convention for airing starting tomorrow night.

My problem is that I've brought the PC home and set it up to discover that
the CMOS batery has gone flat and it's forgotten everything.  Being blind,
I'm not able to independently configure the CMOS, nor am I able to
determine with certainty which batery I need to buy to replace the one
that' died.  Since I can't take the PC anywhere to be configured, as the
configuration will be forgotten by the time I get back home, I need to find
someone who is willing and able to help me here at home as soon as
possible.  I'm at Auchenflower.

I've got to drop over to Bowen Hills to take back some audio equipment I
hired for the weekend, so if you want to reach me before about 3 then best
to call me on 0418 96 5590.  After 3 you can probably just reply to this
message.

I am willing to pay a small amount for this help, though I can't pay today
as I don't have any cash on me...but we can work something out.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help at such short notice.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html