[H-GEN] Small wireless networking problem

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Oct 27 22:31:12 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 12:17, Gary Curtis wrote:
> What is this 'ip' command you speak of???

It is in the "iproute" Debian package.  When the new networking
stack was introduced into the kernel (in 2.2 I think), the "ip"
replaced the "ifconfig" command as the official way to configure
the networking.  It can do all that ifconfig can, plus handle
the new features in the networking stack like tunnels, rules,
NAT'ing, and multiple routing tables.

Its been so long since I used ifconfig that I have forgotten
how to use it.