[H-GEN] Useful not so obvious tips

Anthony Irwin irwa82 at froggy.com.au
Mon Oct 25 19:47:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

 From the combinations of the find that were mentioned I did the following.

I was moving an updated version of a program to a different computer
with different settings and didn't want to overwrite the setting on the
other computer so I did the following.

find . -name config.inc.php -type f|xargs ls

I got the following output.

./admin/config.inc.php     ./contacts/config.inc.php
./calendar/config.inc.php  ./dispatch/config.inc.php
./config.inc.php           ./utilities/config.inc.php

So then I thought great now I'll delete the files by running the command
with rm instead of ls.

find . -name config.inc.php -type f|xargs rm

The files deleted so I copied the new program seamlessly to the other
computer all worked well. Would people say that was the best approach
for this situation it certainly was quick an efficient.

--
Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin