[H-GEN] Netraverse sponsorship

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sat Oct 16 04:25:01 EDT 2004

Clinton Roy wrote:

> From my reading of the offer, the user group gets a copy of win4lin,
> and members get discount rates.

If that is true then the exec don't have to hurry:

$200,000 give away / $90 a copy = 2,222, subtract the 110 currently
sponsored groups leaves 2,112 user group spots that are still available.

I would say giving away a single copy that *retails* for US$90 is worth
  it for the advertising they get on the groups web site.

Very smart business move by them, well done NeTraverse since it would
cost like 20-30c for the CD and a couple of bucks for the postage. That
is assuming that they send a CD and don't force you to download it
instead. That would be even smarter, no postage costs.

The exec should look at the fine print, who gets to install this free
copy? Which PC if the club does not own one, sure the members do who
would be the "chosen one"? If the club does own a machine but it isn't
used as a workstation then what? Does the group *have* to display the
NeTraverse logo/link? If so, for how long?

Another thing I noticed, my bet is at least one or two of these
"sponsored" groups would have a web site, where is the link to them?
Sure enough I checked and NoosaLUG does have a web site here:
http://www.noosalug.org.au/mambo/

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips