[H-GEN] Colour printer with LInux

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at panix.com
Sun Nov 28 12:13:06 EST 2004

Robert Brockway <rbrockway at opentrend.net> writes:

> I'm using a Lexmark Z25 printer[1].  I can't see any problems with it
> under CUPS.  I rarely use colour but IIRC that also worked fine.

Wow.  I see a lot of Lexmarks that just plain don't work right.  I
guess that's the fault of the crappy operating system that usually
runs them?

> The biggest problem I had was unwrapping the package to install the
> driver.  Lexmark supplied the driver in an rpm package which was uuencoded
> and wrapped in a shell script

Wow!  Not a shar archive!

> that _absolutely_ assumed the presence of a Redhat system.

Hm.  Those who cannot learn from Unix ...
--
I'm looking for work as a sysadmin, perl hacker, or tape ape!
See www.panix.com/~jasonp/JasonParker.doc for details; email