[H-GEN] Large File Support in Apache

Paul Gearon pag at tucanatech.com
Thu May 20 23:33:34 EDT 2004

David Harrison wrote:

> Hiyall,
>
> Question - I've been trying to get large file support to work reliably in
> apache for a while but I'm running into problems. I've done quite a bit of
> searching and tried several configurations, but I can't for the life of me
> get it to serve files of > 2gb in size.
>
> The closest I've got to a working configuration is by compiling
> with -DRECORD_FORWARD -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 - this
> stops the error messages that you get with a default build (trying to access
> a file generates a 403 Forbidden and an error message in the log that
> indicates access was denied because the file was too big).
>
> However, the Content-Length header isn't correct. On Red Hat 7, it comes up
> as 'unknown'. On a brand new install of Red Hat 9 it is simply incorrect
> (~70mb instead of the ~4gb it should be).

I know nothing about this issue with Apache (sorry), but you have me
curious... Apache reports the wrong file size, but does it return the correct
file?

If the files are transferred correctly, then it might just be the stat() calls
which aren't set up properly.

--
Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Tucana Technologies              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
                                  http://www.tucanatech.com

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")