[H-GEN] Large File Support in Apache

stephen at thorne.id.au stephen at thorne.id.au
Thu May 20 23:21:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:55:45 +1000, "David Harrison" <trogspam at games.telstra.com> wrote:
> Hiyall,
>
> Question - I've been trying to get large file support to work reliably in
> apache for a while but I'm running into problems. I've done quite a bit of
> searching and tried several configurations, but I can't for the life of me
> get it to serve files of > 2gb in size.

Depending on how much effort you want to go to in order to fix the problem -
you could resolve it by writing a CGI script that handled the download
requests. It'd probably end up being a couple lines of perl, just to send
the right headers, seek to the right point of the file properly (for
resumes).. Its just a Rewrite rule in your apache config to do it
transparently too.

This is a php script, not sure how well php handles large file support.

http://ronny.haryan.to/download

Stephen.