[H-GEN] Sendmail relay

Sarah Walters s.walters at its.uq.edu.au
Tue May 18 20:28:01 EDT 2004

Hi Tony,

Tony Melia wrote:
> Is there a very simple setting I can enable in sendmail to simply make sure
> the address in the SMTP conversation 'mail from: test at test.com' matches my
> domain name test.com?

Yes there is, and if you read the README (/usr/share/sendmail/cf/README
on my system) you will find that it is "relay_mail_from".

Note, however, that this is probably a bad idea, since anyone can set
their From domain to match yours, and open-relays are evil. You would be
better to check a) the sending hostname is one of your hosts or b) the
To address (in the envelope, not the To field) is on one of your hosts.

--
Sarah Walters
Systems Programmer, Software Infrastructure
Email: s.walters at its.uq.edu.au