[H-GEN] fedora and mylex dac960 raid controller

Mick Howe mickhowe at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 4 00:20:06 EDT 2004

I have just obtained a Mylex DAC960PD raid controller that I was
intending to use as a simple multi channel scsi controller. It appears
that isn't an option, so I need to set it up the way it wants but I
don't know how.

I currently have an Initio 9100UW scsi card with these devices attached:
scsi0 : Initio INI-9X00U/UW SCSI device driver; Revision: 1.03g
  Vendor: IBM       Model: DDRS-34560W       Rev: S97B
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST318438LW        Rev: 0002
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST39173W          Rev: 5698
  Vendor: HP        Model: T4000s            Rev: 1.10
  Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I also have the following drives waiting to go into the system:
2 x IBM DCAS-34330 (4.3 gb)
1 x IBM DNES-318350 (18 gb)

I'm using RedHat 9 that I have upgraded to Fedora Core 1 with a 2.4.26
kernel.

What I need is a step by step how-to for first configuring the
controller and then getting the system setup and running on the hardware.

A second option would be a swap for a 2 channel ultra-wide scsi card
(minor cash adjustment ok)

/]/]ik