[H-GEN] Internal Mail

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Tue Mar 30 03:41:35 EST 2004

Does anyone know if it is feasible to run internal email inside an
existing network?  Am I explaining myself correctly?  In years past
before I stumbled across Linux, I used to run internal email using MS
Mail Exchange when it was free with Windows for Workgroups and later
Win95.  After that the cash register was required to ring!!!

I would be able to hang a Linux box inside the existing very large MS
based network.  Halleluya - the school has that "something else" might
be used other than MS so I want this to work very well.  I know qmail,
the internal addressing will be 10.XXX....... but I am not sure I know
how to set up internal mail so that an email address (as in my old
exchange days) might be simply rick.phillips or billy,bloggs.

Is this feasible?  The mail internal server __will not__ interface with
the official Education Dept Managed Internet Service.

The mail server would sit inside a firewalled, virus protected and
proxied network and be used by teaching staff and not students.

Regards,

Rick

--
Mandrake 10 Community Release