[H-GEN] Help please: can't remove directory - FIXED

David O'Brien dob12460 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 25 07:55:21 EST 2004

 El Jue 25 Mar 2004 20:43, Scott Burns escribió:
> David O'Brien wrote:
> >Thanks for your help. What to try now?
> >David
>
> Does anything get printed to /var/log/messages when you try to remove
> the directory?
>
> Scott

ok this is what happened. This dir was created locally but smbmounted on the
Windows machine. I guess when the machine rebooted and the share on Windows
disappeared, something (?) got confused. I didn't notice until I rebooted
Linux  and saw that it was trying to smbumount /images which of course
failed. Reboot again and no error, then deleting the directory worked.

Thanks for all the help.

David

--
Every other person knows the other person.