[H-GEN] Laser Printer

Jay johannes at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 18 16:41:05 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:51, Greg Black wrote:

> On 2004-03-18, Jay wrote:
> > I ran it on a celeron 366 notebook 160MB ram in about 20 minutes or so
> > with gv under kde3.2.1 whereas the actual printout took only about 5
> > minutes on a brother hl-1240 connected to an all linux network.
>
> The rendering with gv matches what I saw, allowing for machine
> differences, but I don't believe the printer time -- did you
> send the gv output to the printer, or did you send the actual
> PostScript program to it?

I ran the test again to get more accurate numbers. Rendered in 9m31s under gv
3.5.8/gs 6.51 embedded inside konqueror from where I printed with Ctrl+P
through kprinter without preview of course.

The print spooler showed only a file size of 1k (the actual file is 705 bytes)
suggesting that the printer rendered it itself in only 6m38s.

Cheers

Johannes