[H-GEN] Multi-thread downloads

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 6 03:57:30 EDT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 00:36:17 +1000 Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> wrote:

> Considering that I posted a message to this list on Wednesday
>  with the subject "FreeBSD-4.10 available at Humbug" in which I
>  said:

<snip>

>      If anybody is interested in getting a copy at better than ADSL
>      or Humbug speeds, come and see me.  I should be there from 4:30
>      till at least 9:30, possibly later.
>
>  I'm surprised that you didn't ask at the meeting tonight -- you
>  spoke to me more than once and showed no interest then.

I have bugger all 'net access outside of HUMBUG meetings.  At the meeting I had 2.3 MB of email from the last week and a half to catch up on.  When I got around to reading your message, I looked around and you had already gone.  Obviously, when I spoke to you, I had no knowledge that you had a new distro available.

My priority at the meeting was to get the Debian proxy working.  Next meeting it may be FreeBSD's turn B-).

It is now sunday arvo, and I still have a few hundred emails to wade through.  This email is not likely to get out until wednesday.

>  I made the offer; it will be still be there in four weeks at the next
>  meeting.

Thanks, I'll grab a copy then.  Feel free to remind me if I talk to you and I don't remember to ask.