[H-GEN] PXE capable network cards

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 5 09:58:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, 31 May 2004 20:35:21 +1000 Scott Burns <sburns at ihug.com.au>
wrote:

> For the long run, cards are much better than you'd think.  I either
> have to download a new floppy for the existing card in the machine or
> pop the back off to use one of ours.

While you have good reasons for preferring cards, I feel the need to respond to this.  The netbooting floppy I put together as part of my HUMBUG cluster stuff not only has most of the etherboot NIC drivers on it (allowing grub to net boot via most NICs), it also has a backup Linux distro on it with most of the Linux kernel NIC drivers on it (allowing the fallback Linux distro to diagnose the network problem via most NICs).  PXE is a whole other kettle of fishy drivers though B-).

The disk image is available on my server.  I should make my building environment available as well, but feel free to ask me for it.