[H-GEN] Kernel Panic! :)

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Sun Jul 18 19:57:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:47:37AM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Seen on occasion.  RAM can cause this problem, try running memtest86 on
> a continuous cycle for a few days and see what happens.  Also worth
> checking is the CPU, etc...  Look for clues reguarding when it goes
> down, is there a pattern? (e.g. does it do it in the heat of the day? or
> when you do something I/O intensive?)

Would this give you a better idea ?

I can't really do a ram test untill I get another machine ready to take
it's place :)

It appears (according to my hostmon logs) to happen really early in the
morning. ie: 6-7 am when it's really cold :)

Is the machine becoming so cold that it causes this interrupt problem ?

Note also that there is no segfaulting going on, so I am doubtfull that
it's a memory problem.

cheers
James

PS: For anyone else that knows anything