[H-GEN] Linux file server

Paul Gearon pag at tucanatech.com
Thu Jul 1 22:23:23 EDT 2004

Harry Phillips wrote:
> I have been considering this myself, so what would you use to image one
> drive to another each night? dd?

Not being an expert, I'd still suggest avoiding that.  If the first drive
fails while you're reading from it you've blown away two drives at once.

--
Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Tucana Technologies              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
                                  http://www.tucanatech.com

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")