[H-GEN] tomcat and apache

Sarah Hollings sarah at humanfactors.uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 29 20:39:25 EST 2004

deadcat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need help getting tomcat to render jsp pages.
> Our server is running apache 1.3.27, and tomcat jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24.
> We've got it set up to serve up a web app on one particular vhost, but
> we also need it to render just normal jsp pages on at least two other
> vhosts.
>
> If you can help me, please either email me or chat to me on irc.
>
> thanks!
>
> DC.

What is the issue/error message?  Probably need a bit more information
(maybe post your server.xml, httpd.conf and web.xml files)

IIRC if you're using mod_jk you should be able to just put something like:

     JkMount /*.html ajp13
     JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

inside the virtual host stanza for the FQDN serving the JSP's and:

     JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

inside the stanza for the servlets.  That's assuming ajp13 defined in
your workers.properties etc.  The debian packaged version sets a lot of
this stuff up for you.

Rgds,
--
Sarah Hollings                     IT Manager
sarah at humanfactors.uq.edu.au       The ARC Key Centre