[H-GEN] sun guns for the desktop and for bill

James McPherson - PTS Engineer James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 22 18:09:29 EST 2004

Harry Phillips wrote:
> Sarah Hollings wrote:
>> http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/media/features/schwartz-ms.html
> I just had a look at that web site and it has a link to "Sun Java Desktop"
> Has anyone used that product as a replacement for Windows? What was it
> like? Can you run Windows programs without computability issues?
> Has anyone got a copy?

http://www.sun.com/downloads I think. It should be available
fairly soon.

There is a review out there somewhere....

http://wwws.sun.com/software/javadesktopsystem/news.html for the
PR guff, and

http://www.newrowley.com/takes/2003/take_031007.html
http://www.zdnetindia.com/techzone/enterprise/stories/93035.html

for some 3rd party articles.

Note - I don't use the JDS, just Star/OpenOffice and gnome 'cos
that's all I need.

cheers,
James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                                Gordon NSW