[H-GEN] SMTP redirect

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Wed Jan 7 08:54:48 EST 2004

Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

>>Well, Kerio told me that they are using port 26, I changed the rule to:
>
> Probably to work around ISPs (like mine) which don't allow outgoing
> connections to the usual SMTP port.  Bleah.

A better design would to detect and use the settings for the default
mail client. Either that or ask and allow it to be set.

After using Linux and having vast amount's of choices available it
really irks to see *ALL* choice removed from the user. Who knows what
the hell they are doing with all the photos sent using their mail
servers. Stock piling them? Having a chuckle with their mates? Checking
for Kiddie porn?

Everything that needs to be done to the message can be done in the
software on the workstation. All that is done is resizing the photo, all
the graphics (read ads) on the bottom and the instructions on how to
save it are added by their server.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips