[H-GEN] exim experiences

Sandra Milne fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 1 06:52:59 EST 2004

Hi folks, Happy New Year!

I've been playing with exim today out of sheer boredom. I discovered a
few things, one of which is /etc/email-addresses ... As you can see I
got exim to show my actual email address instead of strange things that
have nothign to do with my email address.

The other is chfn - I sent a test email to my hotmail account and
discovered that I had fixed the email address problem but I didn't have
a name next to it. Ran finger and discovered my username didn't have a
Real Name! A quick google search revealed to me how to change my
user information and so I hope my real name is on this email as it's not
been tested yet.

My next mission is to setup my .signature and get procmail installed.

Once I get home from my remote status I'll also see if I setup smtp
relaying from the internal network correctly. I don't really have a
reason for doing so, I just thought it'd be fun to see if I could.

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net