[H-GEN] Resizing partitions

Willie Yeo Willie.Yeow at aapt.com.au
Mon Dec 6 21:08:55 EST 2004

	I have tried searching google for an answer, but seem that I can't turn one up.

	What I want to do is to resize the swap partition.

	Currently:

	/dev/hda1 = 32Mb (boot)
	/dev/hda2 = 1Gb  (swap)
	/dev/hda3 = rest of harddisk (root)

	Can I change the swap from 1Gb to 512Mb (e.g. using fdisk) without affecting the rest of my current partition or causing any damage to them ? The rest of the 512Mb can sit in limbo until I need it again :D

	Just that I wanted a 512Mb RAM / 1Gb swap, but my RAM died, and I put in 256Mb RAM, but seriously doesn't need that size of a swap space :p

	Thanks & regards.

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.