[H-GEN] Mandrake 10 + setserial

David Munn djmunn at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 23 07:18:24 EDT 2004

Hi All
this is one for the Mandrake gurus.....
i have just installed Mandrake 10 on one of my h/d and am very
interested in it ...looks great....however...
i am trying to setup my NETMOS 2 serial port card....set in bios on irq
5 ..the Mandrakconfig finds it but but does not give the port data as
Fedora with KDE does.....however ...
on booting up i get the following
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision 1.90 $8 ports, irq sharing enabled
ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq=4)
ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq=3)
ttyS4 at I/O 0xd400 (irq=18)
ttyS5 at I/O 0xd800 (irq=18)

i am trying to configure ttyS2 for the modem as the motherboard has only
one physical port ttyS0...the modem usually lives on ttyS2 port 0xd400
irq 5 in Fedora.....on the 2 serial port card

Have tried to use setserial to configure the port for the modem but it
dosent seem to like it.....

i need to get rid of ttyS4 and ttyS5 from the boot up..cant find where
it is in the rc.d files.. and a way of setting up the setserial on
automatic to load the ttyS2 params...

Any ideas anyone.....

David Munn
VK4BDJ