[H-GEN] Australian Democrats and Open Source

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Aug 18 03:35:25 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-16, Raymond Smith wrote:

> The Australian Democrats launched an "Open Source" Awareness
> campaign. http://www.democrats.org.au/campaigns/support_open_source/
> has more information and an online petition you can sign.

Hmmm...  They can't figure out where to put apostrophes and they
don't understand capitalisation and, worst of all, they put the
nonsensical claim about being able to modify software at the top
of their list and buried the only important reason (open data)
near the bottom in their example letter.

Still, it's better than nothing; and better than I suppose we
can expect from political parties.  So I've signed it[1].  I
think it would be good if lots of people did likewise.

Cheers, Greg

[1] It being the online petition; I'll leave it to others to
    write real letters.