[H-GEN] CRUX (A programmers linux distro)

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Aug 13 02:07:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, David Jericho wrote:

> It is? It's only scale of solution.
>
> To use http://www.umart.com.au/ as a source for prices,
>
> * D-Link DI 704P Gateway Router - $85.00

Yeah I know they are cheap.  I just think people eventually reach the
point of saying "I do not want to buy one more piece of hardware for this
house."

I know I've reached this point ;)

> a favourite charity. After all, a 500 MHz machine is still usable.

They sure are.  As are 200MHz boxes for what I use them for.  Some of the
projects we are doing need quite a few boxes.  They do not need to be
powerful but they do need to be real - virtual servers will not cut it
unfortunately.

Night.

Rob

--