[H-GEN] CRUX (A programmers linux distro)

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Aug 13 00:46:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, David Jericho wrote:

> What Greg was getting at is that by doing a fresh install, you can be
> sure your system is baseline for that version of the OS. I'm with Greg
> here, I will reinstall any system when jumping versions. If you've laid

I'm with you guys also.  I do fresh builds even though I have confidence
in dist-upgrade for Debian.  It is not so hard to bring the old config
across manually.

> I hate PC equipment as routers. Unix environments aren't routers, just
> as you don't use a screwdriver as a chisel. You can, but it's not the
> correct use of the tool, nor is it the tool that best fits the job.

A dedicated router could be out of the reach of many home users because of
cost, or they may just wish to avoid buying something else when a spare PC
will do.

A business could make a different argument of course.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, rbrockway at uqconnect.net