Readable code (Was: Re: [H-GEN] Which is better?)

Trent Waddington s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 21:57:31 EDT 2004

Greg Black wrote:

>We don't use indent to re-write our own stuff, but to re-write
>stuff that others wrote that we want to read.  I took an actual
>example from some such code.  If indent would just get this
>right, it would be much more useful, at least to me.

Ask and ye shall receive.  Here's a patch I whipped up.  You'll need to
grab source, ./configure, apply the patch and compile.

I won't post the whole thing to the list (it's about 4k).

    http://rtfm.insomnia.org/~qg/indent-2.2.6-with-sb.patch

You can get original source from here:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~carlo17/indent/indent-2.2.6.tar.gz

or apt-get it or whatever.

To use it just add the -sb option to your command line, it's almost
exactly like the -ss option but instead of adding a space it dumps the line.

Hope this is useful.

Trent